10.07.2009

Baci n.03

Anyone who knows me knows that I am a hopeless romantic, and although everyone knows it, I don't think anyone really knows how deep a vein it is. In truth, though, I don't really know how anyone sees me, but if they had to listen to everything that my mind conjures, I am sure they would be sick of me too. This hopeless romanticism finds its greatest escape in the tracings left by my pen, and the digital marks left upon my keyboard here for all to see. I am rather obsessed with love. That being said, let it also stand that it is not only romantic love that catches my interest.

There are so many layers, levels and planes and I try to explore them all. I have stated before that writing is a lonely business, so I suppose that is one reason love has its fascination for me. I spend so much time in my one worlds, and so often as a casual observer in the real one, that I have become rather detached. This is the Ouroboros; my fascination begets itself. Desire finds an expression that breeds its own loneliness.

Yet even though there I am so often cut off, and by my own doing, every once in a while, a person comes along who pulls me out my introspective revelry and into a world of pure joy. Every once in a while, true love enters my life. I'll admit that more often these days, it has been love of an unattainable kind, but I have never let that block the friendship(another kind of love) that grew, even if romance never did. But because I felt the love; because it moved within my soul, my life was changed, and I am forever grateful for it. Below is another Baci sestina, and yes, I know it's corney; but for all that, it is also true.



Baci n. 03

"To love a person is to learn the song that is in their heart.”
Anonimo


I always thought my song a quiet one

That all the melodies and minor keys

Were desire's fair echoes upon my soul.

I found much beauty in those subtle hues,

And so, too, I thought them the sound of love--

For, whate'er else could be so beautiful?


Twas then I found something more beautiful

And honestly believed she was the one

As my whole world moved to the sounds of love.

Were locks I never knew til found the keys

That opened up my eyes to warmer hues

I never thought could hold within my soul.


And your song was so warm; so full of soul,

Was no wonder I found you beautiful,

Bathed as you were in a good life's hues.

Can true love ever belong to just one?

Are there really only so many locks and keys

Or has life given us its all to love?


You carry in your heart a song of love

That changed fore'er the one within my soul;

You enlightened through those vibrant keys.

I know now my song was not beautiful;

Too somber to be loved by any one

Until gained from you such passionate hues.


And though I see now, life, through warmer hues,

Tis only 'cause the mark left by your love

That pulled this noble life from a poor one.

Though you were not as partner to my soul,

The time that we shared was so beautiful;

We've diff'rent locks now, seek different keys.


You're off to strike diff'rent chords now, in new keys

To share with all the world, your love's hues

By making other's music beautiful.

She's gone now, and took a piece of my love,

Though she left me with a piece of her soul

A whole man stands now where once was no one.


Not the only one; not the only keys,

Just my fav'rite soul. She altered my hues,

And music's love; now I'm beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment