6.17.2013

Airport Sparrows Act 1 Scene ii


Act 1 scene ii
an airplane

lights up.  MARC and PASSENGER are seated.  Behind them is SARAH.  All are unaware

Captain- [over the intercom] Unto the attendant attention pay,
For your safety as we get underway. 

Sarah- [comes to the front for preflight] 
The seat belt sign is illuminated,
And such as the situation will be,
Bid of you fasten your seat belts tightly.

aside

Passenger- Man; I don’t like these puddle hopper flights: 
More than any other, they give me frights.

Marc- They may not have been designed for comfort, 
But they are the shorter, safer legs.
Must admit that I hate these flights too,
Though it's not the flight that really gets me:
But the fact that they oft carry me back
To the places I left long ago...
Oh, shit. I do that flight attendant know!

Sarah- Several exits exist for escape: 
Upon this craft, front and to either side
Will find such doors as do service this end.[sees MARC and smiles]
Pray, spy that to which you would closest bend.

aside

Passenger- Seems to me she recognizes you too.
God’s turned the hot seat on upon you. 

Marc- Yeah; great; an hour’s worth humiliation. 
Behold you my joyous excitation.

Sarah- Fit the mask o’er nose and mouth, then secure, 
Pull the elastic bands to tighten full
And breath normally, as though all were well.
Though the bag may not inflate, air dost flow.
Be sure to mask yourself ere else bestow.

aside

Passenger- Nay man, I don’t think you’ll have such troubles.
She seems more amused than anything else.
I tell you young man, should advantage take,
And with her some wild mile-high lovin’ make

Marc- Think, old man, clumsy is not attractive, 
And that the love felt for such fools as I
Is that light kind of affection that’s held
By all for simpletons the world over.
Her attention is merely amusement
That fate has twice my feet ‘cross her path sent.

Sarah- Please turn off all portable devices. 
We shall alert when such electronics
As have been identified and approved
May be activated, if you are so moved.

aside

Passenger- You are a young fool, just look at her smile.
Clumsy you might have been, but thinks your cute.
Have some courage boy: be resolute.

Sarah- Any questions we’ll answer with delight, 
But for now, sit back and enjoy the flight.

aside

Marc- I do no think the matter’s so easy...

Passenger- Some things are rather simple to change friend, 
‘Pends alone on your desire for that end.

Sarah- Mister Coffee, I see you're flying with me; 
I'll thank you now to have little more care,
I don't have any more uni's to wear.

Marc- My feet are the article of disgrace, 
But being seated, should ease you of fear;
I assure you that I shall remain here. 

Sarah- This is the final leg for us tonight, 
So perhaps I'll accept your offer
And join you for that drink after we land. 

Marc- It would be my pleasure to make amends. 
My name’s Marcus, or Marc to my friends. 

Sarah- My name tag does my name as Sarah brand. 
Wait for me in the terminal when land. [she moves on]

Passenger- Perhaps there’s more to you then meets the eye, 
But you cannot, that she likes you, deny.

blackout

No comments:

Post a Comment