8.27.2013

Airport Sparrows Act 1 scene v and vi

Sorry I'm getting this up so late, but as a bonus, I'm throwing in two scenes for one!  Enjoy!

Act 2 scene v
an airport 

enter SARAH and PAUL

Sarah- Alright Paul, what is it you’ve got to say,
You’ve had that smirk upon your face all day. 

Paul- Can’t a boy enjoy his indiscretions?
Must he share every little detail
When you’re not int’rested in who I'd hail? 

Sarah- Might believe you if I didn’t know you.
I’ve heard every story since your birth
As soon as you’ve had the breath to say it.
I'm not interested in your bullshit. 

Paul- Don’t get your panties in a bunch, Sarah,
Was just trying to have a little fun.
You don’t really want to hear it anyway.
So maybe I'll save it for another day. 

Sarah- And deal with your smirking face until then? 
I don’t think so, Paul. Come on, out with it,
You’ve no need to add to my discomfit. 


Paul- Oh my; you used to be more fun than this,
Back when you didn't so casually dismiss
The things I undertook to entertain.
I took your overnight last night, my dear,
And I sojourned at the Blue Canary:
You never told me how cute your quarry. 

Sarah- Oh Christ, what did you have to do that for?
I’ve already closed that damnable door. 

Paul- I simply wanted to hear his story... 

Sarah- To what end Paul? I’ve had enough of lies,
And I’ve no doubt he the whole thing denies. 

Paul- No, and I think you should answer your phone
And at least give him the chance to defend.
I think he’s a good guy with whom to mend. 

Sarah- And I’m sure he played right to that end.
Give me a break Paul, thought you were my friend. 

Paul- I am. Sarah, which is why I speak so.
He knew of no connection between us
And spoke unbiasedly to a stranger
About the trials fate had given him.
What he said about you makes me believe
Should give him at least a one-time reprieve. 

Sarah- Are you trying to tell me I heard wrong?
I know what I fucking heard him say, Paul
And that is enough to the whole thing call. 

Paul- I’m not saying that you’re ears deceived you,
But I believe you should the pretext know,
Ere so easily let the poor fool go. 
 
Sarah- If you like him so much, you go for him. 

Paul- I am envious of what you eschew,
But he still holds to his thoughts of you. 

exit PAUL 

Sarah- Jesus Christ, why doesn’t he understand
That I just want to be left alone now.
Why can’t he just let the whole damn thing go? 

exit SARAH


Act 2 scene vi
a street 

enter MARC and LYNDON. BETTY has just passed away. 

Marc- You go ahead, Lyndon, I’d linger a spell.
My thoughts need a lonely moment to dwell. 

Lyndon- Know well enough where to find me, old friend,
And a pint will be waiting when so wend. 

exit LYNDON

Marc- My role as dutiful son is ending.
All these months have amounted to this day
When the last chain binding me has broken
Allowing me to return to my life.
What life? Was doing nothing in LA
But hiding away from the boogey man
And memories of this damnable place. 

enter LAURA 

Always thought I was so mature leaving…
Who was it I was really deceiving? 

Laura- There was no deceit Marc, and you know that.
Your mother knew, and so do I, what’s done,
And we both believe you did rightly so.
I am going to miss her so much, you know? 

Marc- You’re looking good, Laura, really look well.
I hope you didn't come to give me hell. 

Laura- No Marc, not today, not on this bleak day.
I just wanted to pay you my respects,
I won’t be able to do it later;
I can’t stay for her funeral, no way.
I’m clean now, and debt free, thanks to your mom,
But… I’m gonna keep my word and leave here,
I just wanted you to know ere I left.
Your family is hell on a girl, Marc 

Marc- It's not much better on this side of the wall.
I'm happy you finally made the call,
I mean I wondered where you vanished to,
But I felt like I'd done enough damage
So I thought it better not to pursue... 

Laura- There wasn't anything for you to do, 
And until now... let me just say simply
That it would have made things far worse for me. 

Marc- Lyndon didn't say anything about... 

Laura- I didn't tell anyone but your mom; 
Anyone else would have been a timebomb
Undermining all that I tried to do. 

Marc- Well, congratulations. I'm glad for you. 
So, any idea where you will go, 
Or is that something I shouldn't know? 

Laura- You’ll find out from Lyndon, I have no doubt, 
But for me, for now, I just can’t do it.
I love you, but I hate your family
And right now; Christ, right now I must be free. 

Marc- Then I wish you a bountiful journey... 

Laura- Do me a favour Marc, that’s all I ask.
I can see in your eyes that lost, blind stare…
Just promise me, as I promised Betty
That you will not stay in this goddamn place.
Swear to me, Marcus. Swear it to my face. 

Marc- I’ll stay no longer than necessary,
Though neither do I know whither I’ll go...
I’ll be sure to keep Lyndon in the know. 

Laura- The poor bastard will ne’er be free of us,
But if anyone can stay honest here,
I have no doubt that it is my brother.
Bye Marc; I’m sorry about your mother. 

exit LAURA 

Marc- Good bye Laura, until we meet again… [sighs] 
A few more days, and my brother to face
And then I’ll get the fuck out of this place. 

exit MARC

No comments:

Post a Comment