8.05.2013

Airport Sparrows Act 2 scene ii

Act 2 scene ii
an airport 


enter PAUL and SARAH 

Paul- Is it too much to ask that you get here
At least a little before pre-flight begins?
A little kindness and ev’ryone wins. 


Sarah- I'm sorry Paul, my life’s a shit show now.
I had a run in with Michael last night
And I’m not in any mood just now to fight. 


Paul- Christ, can you not get away from that boy?
I would not wish him upon anyone
Least of all a friend who I care about.
Christ, how did you get stuck with such a lout? 


Sarah- Tis my fate to find only those low born
Who cannot do other than break my heart.
Maybe I should go international. 


Paul- What have you been keeping silent upon
That did claim but yesterday as dawn? 


Sarah- Not yesterday, but one day further on
Begat these fresh trials that darken my hope.
Seems that I, with men, simply cannot cope.


Paul- Yesterday’s precedent puts you with Marc…
What manner of ill beguiles e’en his mind
That he could afflict as soon as did find? 


Sarah- I cannot know other than what I saw,
Which, though short, was more than I could handle
Marc had saddled up to the bar and spoke;
He was most impassioned there in his speech;
With some drunk hussy of a maid, some skank
On whom bestowed that most ill fated word.
I didn’t e’en give him leave to explain…
I just left after did him defame. 


Paul- Now pray, my dear, how short is short a time
That you should find him and quick defame
And leave even before learning her name? 


Sarah- Confess the space of a breath broke the time:
I came and left as soon as saw the crime. 


Paul- Having not seen the maid, nor heard the speech
I cannot an accurate judgment make;
That said, I think you the subtext mistake. 


Sarah- It matters not to me anymore, Paul.
I am so sick and tired of man’s fell misdeeds,

That even if I misjudged this fellow,
Tis only a matter of time ere fails.
I’d rather avoid now what that entails. 


Paul- If you would choose love ‘lone by that measure
Than you censure love ere it can begin.
There is no such thing as a perfect love
That is ever above reproach and sin.
Perfect love is forgiveness Sarah,
And if you’ll not give him leave to explain
Than all of your hopes are hopes made in vain. 


Sarah- So says the man who avoids all such love
As though it were some most vile contagion
For which there is no inoculation.


Paul- Just because I have not found love
Doesn’t mean I won’t embrace it when found.
It is you who knows not what is love’s sound. 


Sarah- I’m done with it Paul, done with fantasy.
Love should find some other victim than me.
 

exit SARAH 

Paul- And I believe you find fault to readily,
I must to the truth of this matter see. 


exit PAUL

No comments:

Post a Comment