7.30.2013

Airport Sparrows Act 2 scene i

Act 2 scene i
a street

enter SARAH

Sarah- Oh, fuck me, has it really been so long
Since I stepped ‘cross a threshold of mine own?
The date says no, yet seems longer has past
Than any reasonable calendar;
Yet; it is not enough time to forget
Such treasons as brought ruin to my heart

enter MICHAEL

Cannot mind from wretched organ depart?

Michael- Sarah, my love, have been away too long.
Oh how I have missed your passionate song.

Sarah- Christ Michael, get the hell away from me!
Tis done, find another to treat so poorly!

Michael- Poorly my love? I have ever treated you well--
Devoted all that I am unto you
That I might give you all that you deserve.
Poorly? My love pours through every nerve…

Sarah- There is not a drop of love in you, Mike.
You are but a pitiful and lost boy
Who e’er mistakes his penis for his heart.
What stirs beneath the level of your belt
Has nothing to do with love, nor with me:
E’en if I wanted boys, would not choose thee.

Michael- My love, how can you say such unto me?
How can I, you, my deepest passion see?

Sarah- Michael, I cannot say how I loath thee;
There are not enough words to say how foul
Even your voice sounds upon my ear.
You are but a lying and selfish cheat
Whose sweetest words have fermented his brain,
Corrupting what e’er good did once reside.
Should I ne’er hear another word of you
I would consider it a well deserved break.
I’ll no more of your sad drivel take.

Michael- Drivel? My words have only carried love.
Yet... I can see now I deserve better--
That you are unworthy of my passions.
Know it must come as unexpected shock
After so much apparent devotion,
But my heart can take no more of your spite.
We are over Sarah, know not what saw…
Nay: Pine not, beg not, of you I’ve no need.
I’ll find a better woman for my seed.

exit MICHAEL

Sarah- What the fuck? You crazy fucking bastard...
Dare I think; dare I hope that he speaks true
That he has finally abandoned me?
I have not the strength of faith to believe
That the measure of woe does find an end.
Tis done, at least… oh Christ, I hope it is...
Yet it’s a word of hope I’ve heard before,
And I cannot do else than doubt its truth…
Damn it, betrayal would keep me awake
E’en without Michael to my peace forsake…

exit SARAH


No comments:

Post a Comment