7.08.2013

Airport Sparrows Act 1 scene v and scene vi

Scene v is so short, I decided to double it up, so here's scene vi too!


Act 1 scene v 
a hotel room 

lights up.  MARC is in bed.  enter SARAH, dressed in her uniform.  Her entrance wakes him. 

Sarah- I know it’s here somewhere; gimme a break,
I've got no time for this –  Marc, you’re awake. 

Marc- Good morning to you too; what time is it? 
Oh Christ, my head; Jesus, I feel like shit. 

Sarah- Sorry Marc, I didn’t mean to wake you; 
Have you seen my flight pass?  It’s white and blue. 

Marc- [takes pass from around his neck
You slipped it around my neck ere boarding.
Did I something rather offensive do
That you’d elope without e’en a “See you?” 

Sarah- Sorry Marc, but I’ve really gotta go. 
Stay if you’d like; check out’s at eleven.
See you around Marc, I’ll give you a call.

exit SARAH 

Marc- Oh, fuck me, it’s far to early for this…
What the hell just happened?  What did I miss? 

[throws himself back on the pillows] 

blackout 


Act 1 scene vi 
an airport

enter MICHELLE 

Michelle- Fuck me, why does morning come so early?
That’s it alcohol, I’m finished with thee.

enter PAUL 

Paul- Well well little lady, where did you go?
Some cute boys were looking, I’ll have you know. 

Michelle- Ne'er you mind Paul: I didn't leave alone; 
It could have been better… he was a stone. 

Paul- You could have done much better, that I know… 
What? Those cuties needed somewhere to go...

Michelle- I knew I shouldn't have ignored your call.

enter SARAH

Christ woman, what happened?  You look like hell,
It best not have been that bastard Michael. 

Sarah- No, for once my trouble comes not from him
But from, my own eager stupidity.
Good morning Paul, you look fresher than me. 

Paul-  I'm as refreshed as the morning by dew; 
But enough of me, what did Sarah do? 

Sarah- I went to bed with company last night, 
Then ran with hardly a word at first light. 

Michelle- And what’s so wrong about that, pretty girl? 
I’ve left plenty of men by the wayside. 

Paul- No, no Michelle, I think you’ve misconstrued. 
Do believe Sarah likes whoe’er this dude.

Michelle-  Are you sure; Sarah gimme a good look… 
My god, you’re right; fin’lly Michael forsook! 

Sarah- Christ woman, was done with him long ago. 
I feel bad that I left Marc so coldly…
I mean he’s a nice guy –  what’s wrong with me? 

Paul- Ah honey, there’s naught the matter with you. 
Tis alone inexperience that scares,
And the fear that you’ve mishandled the man.
Trust me, if he’s into you, and you him,
Only silence will let that light grow dim. 

Michelle- You don’t believe in casual, do you? 
What is this aversion to single life
That you should always seek relationships?
You see in this grand opportunity,
Not freedom expressed; nor the joy taken
But a failed romantic-like endeavour.
Is there joy in love? I’m not so clever. 

Sarah- Yes, we all know that you’re an easy lay 
Who wants nothing from any man alive 
Once he has passed his peak of usefulness.
I'm sorry I don't measure them by the inch;
He's cute, and he made me laugh; what’s wrong there?
Twas I who inflicted the grievous err. 

Paul- Oh honey, trust tis not so bad as that. 
If you should wish to see this fellow again
Forgive yourself and give him a call.
So… was he good in bed… was he… um… tall? 

Sarah- Christ, look at the time, I need to pre-board… 
Being late again I cannot afford.

exit SARAH 

Paul- Did you see the flush that brought to her cheek?
She’ll call him again; she can’t be that meek. 

Michelle- Sometimes I just don't understand you, Paul. 
How can you commend her need for romance?
You're as fond as I of the bower dance. 

Paul- Yes, but I’ll not fault her for preferences. 
Come along nymph, we’ve our own flight to catch.
Don't you worry over Sarah’s choices,
She has to listen to her own voices. 

exit PAUL and MICHELLE

No comments:

Post a Comment